This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you don’t know by now, we’re going to let you in on a secret, video is everything on most social media channels. With creating video comes best practices for making sure your video content is the best it can be while garnering the most views and engagement.
We’ll agree that video requirements for TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube are totally different but it never hurts to edit out unnecessary footage or add fun elements to your video that will make it stand out from your competition. This is where these video content creation tips will come in handy.
3 Tips for Creating the Best Video Content
Video editing doesn’t have to be hard, we agree that your video can be fine as is, but adding some music or some relevant on-screen elements can take your video from boring to outstanding resulting in additional engagement and shares. Here are a few basic video editing tips that will hopefully help you elevate your video game.
1. Good Lighting
If you are looking to create a high-quality video, lighting is key. Always have the light facing you and not behind you for the best results. Natural lighting is preferred, but by all means, use what you have.
At this point, with good lighting, your cell phone camera will give you a high-quality video. If you aren’t able to shoot with natural lighting look at utilizing a ring light or another source of light that will face you or the subject being featured to minimize shadows. This goes an extremely long way in making sure your video appears well-lit and also high-quality.
2. Utilize Editing Software
There are many free third-party apps that will help you edit your videos. These options will often require you to include a watermark but that’s completely fine if you aren’t up to paying for these options. Some free video editing apps include:
- Capcut (owned by TikTok)
Most of these are easy to use and with a little playing around within the app, you will be a pro in no time.
3. Add Music or Sound Effects
Adding music to your video can take it from drab to fab. If you don’t want to use a platform’s trending sound, utilizing royalty free/paid music, sound effects, or YouTube to source audio will go a long way in drawing your audience in.
These are just a few tips to elevate the quality of your videos. The real goodness comes from your creativity and execution, these tips are simply icing on the cake!
- How To Go Live On TikTok and Instagram - Oct 21, 2022
- 4 Things That Will Help You Boost Engagement On Instagram - Oct 19, 2022
- 5 Gardening Tools You Need To Start A Garden - Oct 17, 2022
- 3 Tips for Creating the Best Video Content - Oct 12, 2022
- Weekly Posting Checklist for Instagram - Sep 26, 2022
- Things To Consider When Remodeling Your Home - Sep 14, 2022
- Cleaning and Preparing for the Next Garden Season - Sep 12, 2022
- Key Metrics To Track For Affiliate Links - Aug 9, 2022
- Sway Summer Reading List 2022 - Jul 5, 2022
- Summer Plans for Social Media Success - Jun 13, 2022
- The Difference Between Facebook Groups and Facebook Pages - May 23, 2022
- How To Create Canva Templates for Pinterest - Mar 31, 2022
- What You Need To Know About Pinterest Video Pins - Mar 27, 2022
- Pinterest Best Practices - Mar 7, 2022
- Top Books to Read This Spring - Mar 4, 2022