This post may contain affiliate links which may give us a commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I am NO green thumb. As a matter of fact, my expectations weren’t even that high when I decided to try growing a DIY Mini Herb Garden.
I figured I’d throw this garden together, and within days it would fail.
To my surprise, the little thing is just a growing, and growing.
Honestly, I LOVE fresh herbs. There’s just something about fresh herbs in recipes that is unbeatable. I can’t count the $$$$ I’ve spent buying fresh herbs at the store, only for it to go “old,” because I didn’t use it fast enough.
Now… I just hop off my back deck, grab what I need for a dish, and I’m good to go. Talk about fresh, and it saves me some “green.”
DIY Mini Herb Garden
I started out with a small plant of each:
I purchased these at a local home improvement store.
Mini Herb Garden Supplies:
- Beverage Tub
- Potting Soil (I selected soil that was geared for herbs)
- Herb Plants
How To Make A Mini Herb Garden
- Take a drill, and drill about 3 holes in the bottom of your beverage tub so water can drain.
- Fill tub with potting soil, about 3/4 of the way up.
- Put each plant in to the soil, covering the roots with more soil.
- Pat soil around each plant base, so the plant is secure.
- Water the plants according to the plants suggested directions. They usually come with tags, giving instructions on how to care for your plants.
SIDE NOTE: I have heard (after I already planted mine) that you should really put “mint,” in it’s own pot, because it will overpower the other herbs and it requires a different amount of water.
My mint does seem to be doing well the way it is. Actually… all of my herbs are turning out way better than I thought they would.
Another DIY success!
Have you tried growing your own garden? Share any tips you have in the comments.
- Essential Camera Gear For Beginning Photographers - Aug 12, 2022
- Finding Your Friends on Instagram - May 3, 2022
- Magic Mosaic Easter Egg Coloring - Mar 5, 2022
- 11 Recipes For National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day - Feb 24, 2022
- Our Favorite Things – 2021 Edition (Holiday Gift Guide and Giveaways!) - Nov 15, 2021
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe - Sep 2, 2021
- Low Light Photography Tips for the Holidays - Nov 11, 2020
- DIY 30-Minute Thanksgiving Tree - Nov 8, 2020
- The Spanish Princess Part 2 Is Coming - Oct 8, 2020
- Fabric Pumpkins – DIY in 15 Minutes - Sep 9, 2020
- Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops - Sep 7, 2020
- DIY Mini Herb Garden - Aug 30, 2020
- Step by Step Plan to Drive Traffic to A New Blog - Aug 30, 2020
- Six Tips to Reduce Stress In Your Life - Aug 30, 2020
- How To Take A Food Photo From Good To Great - Aug 30, 2020
Monika Sharma says
I am a environment lover. I have kept so many kinds of plants at my home. you have told here about a about a great herb plant. I love it very much and i’ll use it at my home.
I’ve been growing a little tabletop garden for a couple years now It’s always a fun thing for me.
Jessica Burgess says
It’s so easy and I had no idea!!! Haha! Wish I would have started sooner!
Natalie Heather says
I love this! Great DIY, Jessica. I imagine this is great for those living in apartments or homes with smaller gardens. I also love having fresh herbs on hand.