Tips for Writing a Blog
We all have favorite bloggers. We’ve probably even read blog posts that are so well written and relatable that we wish we had written them ourselves.
Ultimately, blogging is not about the blogs you are reading. It is about the one you are writing. More specifically, it’s about you.
Your job is to craft blog posts that grab your readers, reel them in, and keep them coming back for more.
Let’s Get You Writing
As with any skill, writing takes practice. The posts that you start out publishing will probably not be what you are still writing a few years down the road. What’s important is to get your writing fundamentals in place and to understand various types of writing styles.
- Writing Fundamentals You Might Be Missing
- Avoid Common Grammar Mistakes Bloggers Make
- 4 Approaches to Writing that All A-List Bloggers are Doing
- How to Write a Blog Post in 15 Minutes or Less
- Who Are You Writing For: Your Readers, Your Sponsors, or YOU?
- How To Run A Successful Blog Post Series On Your Blog
- 6 Editing Tips To Make Your Writing Rock
- The Worst Writing Advice I Ever Received
- How to Write a Killer Blog Post
Writing Styles To Learn From
- How to Write Link Posts That Grab Your Readers’ Attention
- Why Top 10 Lists Work for Bloggers
- What Makes a Food Post Smart, Stylish, and Sophisticated
- Transform Your DIY Craft Blog into Something Playful and Productive
- How to Blog Openly and Honestly About Your Faith
- 6 Secrets to Writing a Book Review Filled with Awesomery
- How To Maintain Your Writing Voice
- Storytelling Is the Heart of Blogging
Writing Honestly…On Your Blog and Elsewhere
“Authenticity” is practically a buzzword in blogging, but there’s a reason: it works. It works because your readers are people and people like to read about other people, not other people pretending to be something they’re not. Learn more with these posts:
- Good Storytelling in Sponsored Posts
- How to Blog Honestly – Without Losing Your Diginity
- Getting Back to Brilliance: Easy Ways to Get GREAT Guest Posts for Your Blog
It is tough to bring your A-game to blogland each and every day, so let these posts be your guide when you need to be inspired.